I abide by Bree’s B.L.O.G Laws:
General Blog Laws for Greatness
- The tongue (or type) is a powerful tool’; ’measure twice–cut once’.
- Stay true to you. If that means posting once a week or once a day; however give your readers something consistent.
- Site your links when referencing a blog, or tutorial or if that post inspired your posting.
- Having a comment feature is appreciated and being able to find the comment box easily.
- Speak ‘real’. There is no need to provide a false perfect life…we all know no one’s life is perfect.
- In the event that a blogger does not follow through with their stated intentions it may be necessary for someone to make a public statement.
- In the event a sponsor does not follow through on the intended prize we need to be forgiving to that blogger if they have tried every effort to make good on that prize.
- Communication is KEY…communicate publicly or via emails to the needful parties asap!
- Don’t simply leave a comment (especially one cut & pasted into each blogger’s blog) but pick bloggers to follow where there is genuine interest in learning more about them.
- If you begin an event…finish it & communicate any changes & /or any refunds where necessary.
- Double check entries for accuracy and winners. Double check before you broadcast winners.
- Items in a giveaway are to be represented properly even if we did not gain an item for review.
- Show case the item(s) in a giveaway so the reader’s leave with a better understanding of the product and not just bare minimum.
- Announce winner’s in a timely matter.